Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednespiration: Pros Make it Look Easy

For my birthday present last year, one of my dearest friends, Yuree, got me a makeup session with an Emmy Award winning makeup artist named Linda Rondinella-Osgood. I was beyond thrilled for the opportunity to not only meet her but to have a makeup/hair lesson from her!! You can only imagine my excitement being the makeup junkie that I am!! She is the makeup artist for the soap opera General Hospital and also does makeup for Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, and Miss Universe Pageants. Check out her website-- The Pursuit of the Crown. She's created a palette that includes all you need for beautiful looks whether you are pursuing a crown or just want to look HOT! She also has great tips for a flawless face.

Here is a picture of the palette-- only $30! It includes everything you need-- 4 different eyeshadows (black, brown, gold/bronze, and white), 2 blushes (light pink, darker pink), and 2 glosses (a clear one and a really pretty reddish brown one.)
(photo source here)

We arrived at Linda's beautiful house in LA where we were greeted by her warm smile and adorable dogs. We then went to her makeup room to get started on the lesson. She guided me through each step and shared with me pointers on contouring, blush, and eyeshadow application. The biggest compliment was when she said she was impressed with my knowledge! However, my newly acquired skills were put to the test when I had to do Yuree's makeup as Linda watched! How nerve wracking to put makeup on someone while a real PRO watched! One of the best tips she gave me was about foundation. She suggested going a shade darker rather than lighter when choosing foundation so that you don't look so pale or pasty. What a great idea! I tend to use a lighter foundation or one that matches exactly but it seems like it would be better to go a shade slightly darker for a warmer glow and to put some color on my face.

The beautiful Linda, working her magic.

She also showed me a quick way to curl my hair. Take the curling iron and wrap it around the hair, starting not from the bottom(tip) but midway down the piece of hair that I want to curl.

She makes it look so easy.


I wish she could do my makeup and hair every day! What a treat that would be!

fluff fluff fluff
spray.. spray.. spray...

us after our makeover session...

Thank you so much Linda for a wonderful afternoon! Not only is she a wonderful makeup artist-- she also has the biggest heart. She is involved in projects to help others--I remember she mentioned how she was working on hats/wigs to help cancer survivors who have lost their hair t0 feel beautiful. She is one of the kindest and gentlest souls I have ever met. It was truly an amazing afternoon!! I hope to be like her one day and help others and make a difference in the lives of others.


Here I am, a couple of hours later at Urth Caffe-- makeup still intact thanks to the magical hands of Linda!


Have you ever met a real "pro" makeup artist or had a makeover? Did it give you inspiration with your makeup routine or more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello!

thanks for stopping by and commenting! hope you enjoyed the post... have a lovely day!

xoxo,
sally

Related Posts with Thumbnails