Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tip Tuesday: Long Wear Foundation

Sorry for the lack of posts-- I am SWAMPED. I hope to be more consistent with posting in the next few weeks. It's been difficult to fit blogging into my schedule with work. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyway, I am always in search of foundation that not only feels good on my skin (so I don't feel like I have a pound of make up on) but also evens out my skin tone. I also happen to have more oily skin so by the end of the day, my face is extremely shiny and usually I don't have time to blot so I walk around all day looking like an oil slick.

I was intrigued by MAC's new Pro Longwear Foundation and Concealer. I love MAC's Face and Body foundation because it is so buildable and doesn't look caked on. It also doesn't oxodize or change color (turn orange) on me unlike some foundations. I went to my local MAC counter and decided to check out the Pro Longwear Foundation.


What they claim:
A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection. (Source)

The makeup artist matched me as NC30 although my regular foundation match is NC25. They say the Pro Longwear runs light. I tried some of it at the store and then got some to try out later on in the week.

You know how it's been horribly hot the past couple of days in LA? Well, usually my face is a puddle of oil, sweat, makeup, and basically a "hot mess." (not the good kind). But with the Pro Longwear foundation, my face had a slight sheen to it by the end of the day. It lasted for over 10 hours with minimal shine!! I set it with a translucent powder in the morning and I was amazed at how well it lasted!!

I will try it out for the rest of this week but so far--- SO GOOD!! If you have not tried this foundation out, I highly recommend it. Go to the MAC counter to get matched and ask for a sample so you can try it out for a few days. This foundation could reach "HG" (holy grail) status if it continues to hold up like it has the past couple of days!

Would you try this foundation out? What is your favorite or HG foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello!

thanks for stopping by and commenting! hope you enjoyed the post... have a lovely day!

xoxo,
sally

Related Posts with Thumbnails